Filed In: Fashion
I hope its been a great 2017 for everyone so far. I can’t believe its almost Feb! I’m look forward to sharing some exciting things with you guys this year on TheGlamGalsGuide- anything you want to see more of? Let me know!
I know its winter but I can never turn down the opportunity to wear a LWD, I am sharing the one I am wearing and some of my other favorites below, enjoy! Xo
Didn’t quite get what you wanted this year for Christmas? Don’t worry I’ve got you covered (and I won’t tell!). I think its time to treat yourself!
Shop my favorite sale pics above, I might have bought a few for myself…. I said might (if my husband is reading this .. 🙂
One of my favorite things about winter is all the different textures you get to wear. Leather, suede, faux fur (don’t worry animal lovers, i’d never touch the real stuff), and velvet I love it all! This year especially velvet is coming back strong and I am loving every moment of it. That is why when I found these velvet shoes at Lulus I knew I just had to have them, they feel so soft on your feet and really become a statement piece to your outfit. I will certainly be rocking them all winter long.
Christmas is now 3 days away I can’t believe it! Keeping the post short today because tomorrow Alex, Lulu (fur-baby), and I will be making our journey to Dallas to spend the Holidays with his family and I still have so many presents to wrap and things to bake.
How are you spending your Holidays? I am wishing you all a Merry Christmas and hoping you enjoy spending time with the people you love.
Well whoever invented this whole blanket scarf deal I am forever grateful for! I mean this has to be the coziest outfit possible. I wore this outfit during the (rare) freezing cold weekend in Houston and it was the perfect thing to keep me nice and warm. It comes in three colors and I want to own all of them!
Also I have been searching for the perfect white long sleeve t-shirt (ya know the kind you can’t see through) and I finally found it when I was least searching for it at Target, I have been wearing it on repeat. I’m saving you the trouble of searching all winter long for the perfect long sleeve t and linking it here (and its only $12 and free shipping!)
And my favorite winter booties that I am wearing in this picture are over 50% off!
Sooooo I am finally getting around to posting these pictures! Sorry I have not been great about posting lately guys its been pretty hectic in our household the past couple months, we have been out of town almost every weekend!
But I wanted to share these photos Alex and I took these photos when we were in Barcelona. I really wanted to get some professional photos of us there because it is the first time we have been back since meeting there 5 years ago (I can’t believe its been that long!).
So needless to say Barcelona will always have a special place in our hearts because of that. But also the city is so romantic and beautiful, there is history down every street you stroll. If you haven’t been book your flight immediately!
I promise to post more photo’s of our trip soon along with a guide on everything we did in London, Barcelona, and Amsterdam but for now I hope these give you a reason to go.
These photos were taken in one of my favorite parts of the city, the Gothic Quarter , if you go this area is a must see!
I am so missing the bright foliage of Europe being back here in the states! If you live in Houston you might know we only have one season “hot”.
But honestly thats okay with me once it drops below 70 I break out my parka (joking-slightly). I am happy to report that it is beginning to feel slightly more like winter around here and the leaves are starting to turn the prettiest shades, I am sure I will regret loving this as soon as it gets in the 60s but for now I will enjoy!
I can’t believe tomorrow marks the beginning of December I am so excited! Christmas time gives me all the feels :). I am looking forward to spending time with family (especially my new nephew!), drinking too much hot chocolate, cuddling in cozy pajamas and watching Christmas movies, and decorating our Christmas tree! What are you looking forward to this Christmas?
- Take bridal portraits (if the budget allows!). This is a really good time for you to get comfortable with your photographer and in front of the camera. Your photographer can give you pointers to help make sure your wedding photos turn out great.
- Designate a member of your wedding party to hold your phone the day of. They can take care of any urgent matters related to the wedding and allow you time to relax and reflect. You can get to all of those “congrats” texts tomorrow, enjoy the moment!
- Have a rainy day plan! Thankfully on my wedding day we did not have to use our rainy day plan but if we did we had everything ready to go. We put a deposit on two tents for our reception since the cocktail hour was outside, thankfully we did not have to use them but it give you a lot of ease on the day of knowing you have a back up plan. Ask your venue what their typical “rainy day” plan is and they can help refer you to tent vendors.
- Have a wedding coordinator! This will save your life if you do not have a wedding planner. The difference between a wedding planner and a coordinator is a coordinator will help you more the day of and make sure things run smoothly, they are not technically “planning” your wedding. Our wedding coordinator was great she made sure all events happened on time and put a lot of ease on me and Alex!
- Do marriage counciling! If your officiant offers it its a really great opportunity to have your wedding officiant get to know your and groom and also your relationship on a very personal level. This will allow him to really put personal touches in your ceremony and make it so much more special.
- Sneak Away! Before heading to the ceremony take 5 minutes with your groom to sneak away and reflect on become husband and wife! It is such a special moment, its nice to have a moment to take it all in together and share that time.
- Be honest with your vendors, this can be hard for a lot of brides if you are not a confrontational person (ME!). This is your wedding day and it should be everything your dreamed of, do not be afraid to voice your opinion. If you really hate white table cloths or yellow flowers voice your opinion.
- Stick to your budget, at the end of the day (I will admit it) it is just one day. While you may be fretting your day will not be complete without those monogramed cocktail napkins it is better to start off your marriage not being in over your head with your finances or having family mad at you. I guarantee your day will be special monogrammed napkins or not!
- Do not be afraid to negotiate with your vendors. Especially with your florist since they tend to have the most wiggle room. The florist/event designer should give you an itemized break out of all the costs. If you feel any of these are too high see if you can work with her on any of the cost, swap peonies for garden roses etc,. They should be able to help y0u work down the cost on this.
- Do not worry about the little things!!! Yes I will warn you things might not go exactly how you planned them but you only get one day/night to enjoy your wedding, make the most out of it!
Its finally October! October is one of my favorite months for so many reasons.
Its the Alex’s birthday, its our anniversary month, the weather, Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping, oh did I mention the weather??
This will be a very busy month for us but such an exciting one. I am starting October off with a bang in this great find! This dress is such great quality at a good price, it was comfortable and easy.
And it has bell sleeves! I love bell sleeves because it gives every outfit such a feminine touch. Once it gets a little colder outside I will be pairing this with some OTK boots.
Definitely an outfit an outfit I will be packing for our European vacation this Winter! If you haven’t read where we will be traveling check out my September blog posts.
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
We are that much closer to the weekend! As we get closer to fall I wanted to share with you my favorite OTK boots! I bought these last year and I couldn’t wait to break them out again this year because they make every outfit better. I love to pair them with a leather skirt to mix materials or any sweater dress they look good with. See more ideas, here and here.
They are suede so I made sure to spray them with this to keep them clear all winter long! I will be honest they are not most comfortable shoes so would make sure when you plan to wear these it is not all day!
Fall is barely here and I also found the perfect leather skirt (insert happy face). I love this one because of the button detail it gives it a little more character also the length is perfect, short and sassy but no too short.
More Fall outfit ideas on the blog soon.