Filed In: Beauty
As 2017 is coming to an end I wanted to re-cap my best purchases and finds of the year! As a blogger I like to always try new things/products and bring ya’ll only my favorite finds. Hope you enjoy the list below!
First up, my favorite mask of the year was this Super Collagen mask by Mario Badescu. I love the way this mask smells/feels and I can tell a difference in my skin after using it! I try to use it 2-3 times a week after I get out of the shower at night. Also this little tub will last you a long time and the price is really affordable compared to many out there so I use it the most!
Up next is Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate! I love this stuff and use it every night it really helps give you that glow. I use 2-3 drops every night, it smells like lavender so its great for your night time routine. It is oil but it did not make my skin break out and when I wake up in the morning my skin does not feel oily at all. I stopped using this for about a month to see if I could tell a difference and after about a week I could tell my skin looked dry and tired, I will always keep this in my night time routine!
Last of the skin care is this Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate! I’ve been using this for a couple months and can really tell a difference. The fine lines I have on my forehead have either gone away or really faded, plus this is infused with Vitamin C that really helps brighten your complection.
It’s been a big year of finding the best skin care routine for me!
My favorite perfume of 2017 was this one by YSL, I normally go through 3-4 fragrances a year and this has been my absolute favorite. It’s floral/feminine with the perfect about of intensity. I spray 2-3 sprits in the morning and Im good to go for the whole day.
This Nespresso machine definitely makes my list! If you watch my insta stories you probably see me using it a lot, I use it at least once a day if not more. It helped me break my Starbucks addiction since I can make my own triple shot latte 🙂 It will pay for itself and its also on major sale right now.
These booties have been my favorites this year, I loved my first pair so much I snagged a second pair when they went on major sale. For me they are the perfect height and colors, they go with everything and the material is really great. You can also transition them into Spring!
When we moved into our new house this year we bought a new dresser/nightstands for our house. We looked for a very long time and finally found these that we both fell in love with (dresser, nightstands). They really make a statement in our room and go with everything. We’ve had lots of friends and family over and do many home tours and these seem to be the main pieces we get lots of complements on!
This passport cover is more so one of my favorite gifts of 2017. Alex bought this for me before my first overseas trip for work early this year and I have enjoyed it ever since! We’ve traveled quite a bit this year and this passport cover has held up so well! Also has side pockets to hold and customs documents or other documentation. Plus I love the monograming you can get on it!
Jeans– I discovered a new brand this year and its the only brand I have bought ever since! They are affordable, which is key since I work in a casual work environment and wear jeans almost every day. They come in a variety of styles and sizing!
Hair- Ya’ll if you haven’t tried or do not have a Wet Brush, GET ONE IMMEDIATELY. I have super long, fine hair and it pretty much tangles if you look at it too hard. A friend told me about this brush earlier in the year and it has made brushing my hair SO MUCH easier! Especially after I take a shower, it is very gentle on your hair and prevents a lot of breakage.
Alex bought me this robe for our anniversary in October and I have been so attached to it ever since. I’ve never really been a robe person but I wear this every day when I am getting ready for the day and at night. Its SO soft and comfortable, easy to wash as well!
My last item is this holy grail make up product I will never again live without! I started using it after a saw another blogger rave about it (wish I could remember who!) And have not gone with out it since. I normally wear liquid foundation and was looking for something light (not cake-y) to wear over it and matify it and this did the trick! It give you an airbrush finish and helps blur out any imperfections. You can also wear it without foundation!
This wraps up my favorite finds/purchases of 2017. Tell me what are yours!
I hope its been a great 2017 for everyone so far. I can’t believe its almost Feb! I’m look forward to sharing some exciting things with you guys this year on TheGlamGalsGuide- anything you want to see more of? Let me know!
I know its winter but I can never turn down the opportunity to wear a LWD, I am sharing the one I am wearing and some of my other favorites below, enjoy! Xo
- Take bridal portraits (if the budget allows!). This is a really good time for you to get comfortable with your photographer and in front of the camera. Your photographer can give you pointers to help make sure your wedding photos turn out great.
- Designate a member of your wedding party to hold your phone the day of. They can take care of any urgent matters related to the wedding and allow you time to relax and reflect. You can get to all of those “congrats” texts tomorrow, enjoy the moment!
- Have a rainy day plan! Thankfully on my wedding day we did not have to use our rainy day plan but if we did we had everything ready to go. We put a deposit on two tents for our reception since the cocktail hour was outside, thankfully we did not have to use them but it give you a lot of ease on the day of knowing you have a back up plan. Ask your venue what their typical “rainy day” plan is and they can help refer you to tent vendors.
- Have a wedding coordinator! This will save your life if you do not have a wedding planner. The difference between a wedding planner and a coordinator is a coordinator will help you more the day of and make sure things run smoothly, they are not technically “planning” your wedding. Our wedding coordinator was great she made sure all events happened on time and put a lot of ease on me and Alex!
- Do marriage counciling! If your officiant offers it its a really great opportunity to have your wedding officiant get to know your and groom and also your relationship on a very personal level. This will allow him to really put personal touches in your ceremony and make it so much more special.
- Sneak Away! Before heading to the ceremony take 5 minutes with your groom to sneak away and reflect on become husband and wife! It is such a special moment, its nice to have a moment to take it all in together and share that time.
- Be honest with your vendors, this can be hard for a lot of brides if you are not a confrontational person (ME!). This is your wedding day and it should be everything your dreamed of, do not be afraid to voice your opinion. If you really hate white table cloths or yellow flowers voice your opinion.
- Stick to your budget, at the end of the day (I will admit it) it is just one day. While you may be fretting your day will not be complete without those monogramed cocktail napkins it is better to start off your marriage not being in over your head with your finances or having family mad at you. I guarantee your day will be special monogrammed napkins or not!
- Do not be afraid to negotiate with your vendors. Especially with your florist since they tend to have the most wiggle room. The florist/event designer should give you an itemized break out of all the costs. If you feel any of these are too high see if you can work with her on any of the cost, swap peonies for garden roses etc,. They should be able to help y0u work down the cost on this.
- Do not worry about the little things!!! Yes I will warn you things might not go exactly how you planned them but you only get one day/night to enjoy your wedding, make the most out of it!
Okay one of my favorite beauty products of all time is this nueLASH lash enhancing serum ! One thing I have always kept in my beauty routine is a lash serum, I have long lashes but naturally they are rather thin. So needless to say I have tried dozens of different serums and this has been my holy grail.
I have used Latisse before and I noticed the same if not better results with nueLASH, also if you have light eyes (mine are blue) Latisse can turn the colored part of your eye darker. I did not want to keep risking that so I found nueLASH at Nordstroms and figured it was worth a try. After about two months of use my eyelashes became so long I almost had to trim them! I said almost…..
One thing I will say is there is no overnight magic growth serum, you will have to use it nightly for about a month before you notice a difference. Use for two months nightly then you can start to do every other night 🙂 Its well worth the results!
How to use: Apply on lash line like top eyeliner.
PS: I normally buy this at Nordstroms but I just found it on Amazon for half the price (Linked above!)
While my skin has come leaps and bounds from my teenage years I am somewhat glad I was not blessed with naturally perfect skin (sometimes). Skin care and good skin care at that is something I am very passionate about. I love exploring the isles of Sephora and finding new products to try. Below are the products that have always done the job for me!
1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion– Okay if you buy nothing else you truly NEED this. I have been using this brand for a while and have never been an unsatisfied customer but this drying lotion really blew me out of the water. How to use: Open bottle (do not shake, learned that the hard way!) stick a Q-tip to the bottom of the bottle and pull back up. You will have a pink substance on your Q-tip, then apply to problem area and VILOA. In the morning I promise you there will be a MAJOR improvement. When I have a problem area I use this lotion for 1-2 nights and then my skin is all healed up! Oh and did I mention it lasts forever, linked below with free ship ☺
2. GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser– When I first started using this brand I was obsessed with the GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment it worked wonders for clearing up my face but it went so quickly that I had a hard time buying it all the time (I tend to do a facemask 1-2 times a week). Then GLAMGLOW came out with their Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser (only at Sephora) and I am convinced it’s nearly the same formula! While I do think $40 is a lot for a cleanser, this typically lasts me 3-4 months because a little goes a long ways. How to use: I apply in the shower using 1-2 pumps on my semi-wet face and let sit for 2 minutes. Then scrub in a circular motion with wet fingertips until the product begins to foam. Gently was off and your face will never feel cleaner!
3. Origins Original Skin Re-texturing mask with Rose Clay– I consider myself (a self proclaimed) mask connoisseur as I have tried so many and loved very few, but recently I saw this beauty at Sephora and decided it was worth a try! It’s an exfoliator and mask in one and smells like a French spa ☺ How to use: Apply mask to freshly washed face, leave on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash off gently while exfoliating.
4. Lush Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask– I will admit I am a bit obsessed with Lush, but this is by far my favorite product from them. This fresh mask contains garlic, honey, and egg whites that really help to combat those breakouts. How to Use: Apply to clean skin wear for about 10 minutes (do not wait until mask is completely dry) and wash off!
5. Kiehl’s Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate– I love love love this product! If you don’t take my word for it read all the reviews. Why is it so great you ask? It really helps to even out your skin tone and quickly clears up any old acne marks or other blemishes. I am very light skinned so I get a marks and uneven skin tone easily and this serum (after many attempts with others) has really worked wonders. While it is pretty pricey I have had my bottle for almost 6 months using about 4 drops almost nightly. How to use: Apply 3-4 drops to palm of hand and rub on face gently.
6. Arcona “Triad” Toning Pads – this cranberry toner is probably my favorite part of my skin care routine. First, it smells amazing and secondly when you put it on you can truly feel it working as your skin feels very tingly and CLEAN. When I am feeling very lazy I hate to admit it but I just use these to take off my makeup (I do not recommend for long term use) but it actually does make your skin feel very clean and hydrated! The cranberries work as an antimicrobial agent protecting and heeling your skin. How to use: just take out a pad after skin is cleansed and feel the cleaning power.
7. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towels – Okay you might think I’m crazy but yes you need to wash your face before washing your face! If you haven’t been doing this I promise it will make a huge difference in your skin. Plus when you finish cleansing you wont be wiping all your face makeup all over your clean towels. How to use: Take a wipe out of package and gently rub off face and eye makeup.
Tell me what are you skin care musts?
Every Tuesday I will be posting my favorite beauty tips here on the blog and to kick things off I want to share with you guys one I have been using for the past couple of years.
One of the best and cheapest beauty tricks I have ever read about is putting Vaseline under your eyes at night (think areas where you put under eye concealer). I know this might sound a little crazy and maybe even a little messy but it is well worth the reward. I actually first read about this tip in a Cindy Crawford interview and they asked her secret for maintaining her youthful look. Her response was nightly Vaseline under your eyes! After reading that I figured it was worth a try, a.k.a. I went to my nearest Walgreens and bought in bulk. I can tell you I have never been tempted to buy any under eye cream since!
Added perk- this can also help your eyelashes stay conditioned and healthy.
Give it a go and I promise you will thank me later.
Here is where I normally purchase mine (Vaseline)