If you’re like me curling with a good book always sounds like the best idea! Especially curled up by the fireplace. I am always one the hunt for a good book, sometimes after a long day I really look forward to immersing myself into one!
I have been wanting to start a monthly series of my top 5 books to ready that month, so here is the first part! And what better time, the Holidays are so hectic I hope this will give you an excuse to grab a good glass of hot coco and slow down.
Some of the books I mention below will be books I have read others will just be books on my “to read list”, I tend to like mysteries, fiction type books but I promise to post all kinds on here.
- The Nightingale– First off this book is a #1 best seller and over 35k reviews with 90% of them being 5 stars. I’m big on reading reviews of the book before I purchase and this one had so many good ones. “The Nightingale tells the stories of two sisters, separated by years and experience, by ideals, passion and circumstance, each embarking on her own dangerous path toward survival, love, and freedom in German-occupied, war-torn France―a heartbreakingly beautiful novel that celebrates the resilience of the human spirit and the durability of women. It is a novel for everyone, a novel for a lifetime.” I just purchased this book and cannot wait to read it!
- The Couple Next Door– I’ve recommend this book to so many people, it is a quick easy read with a plot twist you never see coming! The story starts with the main charters at a dinner party at their next store neighbor’s house and what happens that night will change all their lives forever. This book is very suspenseful and hard to put down! This is a great book to bring on a plane or vacation.
- Love Does– This book I CANNOT wait to read, it sounds like such a good book to read when you need to believe in a little more good or when you are having a tough day. The author “Bob Goff has become something of a legend, and his friends consider him the world’s best-kept secret. Those same friends have long insisted he write a book. What follows are paradigm shifts, musings, and stories from one of the world’s most delightfully engaging and winsome people. What fuels his impact? Love. But it’s not the kind of love that stops at thoughts and feelings. Bob’s love takes action. Bob believes Love Does.When Love Does, life gets interesting. Each day turns into a hilarious, whimsical, meaningful chance that makes faith simple and real. Each chapter is a story that forms a book, a life. And this is one life you don’t want to miss.”
- The Lying Game– I just started this book and am already so sucked into it! The book is about 4 girls (Fatima, Thea, Isabel, and Kate) who met at boarding school just outside of London. These four girls have all moved on their separate ways but they are all bound by one thing “the lying game”. This is a game they made up in school to stay out of trouble, the bigger more believable the lie the more points. Soon you come to find out just had far they have gone with this game and what lie they all are secretly hiding from everyone.
- Girl on the Train– Honestly this is one of my favorite books!! I read it before the move came out and still love it so much more. Every day Rachel (the main character) takes the same commute on the train. The train always passes by a stretch of cozy little suburbs and she begins to idolize this seemly perfect couple she sees every day from her window on the train. One day looking for this couple she sees something very disturbing, she decides to go to the police but soon becomes and unreliable witness. Soon she is deeply involved in the investigation and the lives of everyone around it. The book is slightly different from the movie so if you have already seen the movie it is still a good read. If you haven’t seen the movie get this book immediately and read it!!
Please send me any suggestions you have for next month’s post!