While my skin has come leaps and bounds from my teenage years I am somewhat glad I was not blessed with naturally perfect skin (sometimes). Skin care and good skin care at that is something I am very passionate about. I love exploring the isles of Sephora and finding new products to try. Below are the products that have always done the job for me!
1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion– Okay if you buy nothing else you truly NEED this. I have been using this brand for a while and have never been an unsatisfied customer but this drying lotion really blew me out of the water. How to use: Open bottle (do not shake, learned that the hard way!) stick a Q-tip to the bottom of the bottle and pull back up. You will have a pink substance on your Q-tip, then apply to problem area and VILOA. In the morning I promise you there will be a MAJOR improvement. When I have a problem area I use this lotion for 1-2 nights and then my skin is all healed up! Oh and did I mention it lasts forever, linked below with free ship ☺
2. GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser– When I first started using this brand I was obsessed with the GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment it worked wonders for clearing up my face but it went so quickly that I had a hard time buying it all the time (I tend to do a facemask 1-2 times a week). Then GLAMGLOW came out with their Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser (only at Sephora) and I am convinced it’s nearly the same formula! While I do think $40 is a lot for a cleanser, this typically lasts me 3-4 months because a little goes a long ways. How to use: I apply in the shower using 1-2 pumps on my semi-wet face and let sit for 2 minutes. Then scrub in a circular motion with wet fingertips until the product begins to foam. Gently was off and your face will never feel cleaner!
3. Origins Original Skin Re-texturing mask with Rose Clay– I consider myself (a self proclaimed) mask connoisseur as I have tried so many and loved very few, but recently I saw this beauty at Sephora and decided it was worth a try! It’s an exfoliator and mask in one and smells like a French spa ☺ How to use: Apply mask to freshly washed face, leave on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash off gently while exfoliating.
4. Lush Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask– I will admit I am a bit obsessed with Lush, but this is by far my favorite product from them. This fresh mask contains garlic, honey, and egg whites that really help to combat those breakouts. How to Use: Apply to clean skin wear for about 10 minutes (do not wait until mask is completely dry) and wash off!
5. Kiehl’s Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate– I love love love this product! If you don’t take my word for it read all the reviews. Why is it so great you ask? It really helps to even out your skin tone and quickly clears up any old acne marks or other blemishes. I am very light skinned so I get a marks and uneven skin tone easily and this serum (after many attempts with others) has really worked wonders. While it is pretty pricey I have had my bottle for almost 6 months using about 4 drops almost nightly. How to use: Apply 3-4 drops to palm of hand and rub on face gently.
6. Arcona “Triad” Toning Pads – this cranberry toner is probably my favorite part of my skin care routine. First, it smells amazing and secondly when you put it on you can truly feel it working as your skin feels very tingly and CLEAN. When I am feeling very lazy I hate to admit it but I just use these to take off my makeup (I do not recommend for long term use) but it actually does make your skin feel very clean and hydrated! The cranberries work as an antimicrobial agent protecting and heeling your skin. How to use: just take out a pad after skin is cleansed and feel the cleaning power.
7. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towels – Okay you might think I’m crazy but yes you need to wash your face before washing your face! If you haven’t been doing this I promise it will make a huge difference in your skin. Plus when you finish cleansing you wont be wiping all your face makeup all over your clean towels. How to use: Take a wipe out of package and gently rub off face and eye makeup.
Tell me what are you skin care musts?